On October 8th 2012, Portugal government passed a law enabling non-European citizens to invest in Portugal and gain residence permit, which is known as ‘Golden Visa’ Or GOLDEN RESIDENCY PERMIT.
Under this law, investors can acquire a residence permit up to 5 years, and after investors may acquire a permanent residence permit (after 6 years for Portuguese visa). It is a rare and perfect opportunity for non-EU investors to invest in and move to Portugal, even Europe.
Advantages of Golden Residence Permit :
- Travel and study freely in Europe;
- Able to work and run business in Portugal;
- Welfare benefits for all family members in Portugal;
- Minimum stay: 7 days per year 1st year and 14 days after;
- After 5 years, entitled to Portuguese Permanent Residence;
- After 6 years, entitled to Portuguese citizenship.
Advantages of Real Estate Market in Portugal
- Low price: Portugal is more than 10 times cheaper than the UK;
- Freehold ownership;
- Tax efficiency when transfer to next generation;
- Buy for renting (Annual return of 4% to 7%);
- Undervalued luxury vacation house with sea views or golf ground;
- Invest in commercial property (winery, hotel and restaurant).
Conditions to get a Golden Residence Permit :
Non European citizens involved in an investment activity, either individually or through a company conducting, at least, one of the following operations in Portugal for a minimum period of 5 years:
I) Acquisition of real estate with a value equal to or above 500,000 Euros or 280,000 Euros under certain conditions.
II) Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 1 million Euros;
III) Creation of, at least, 10 job positions.
Golden Residence Permit in figures given by the Portuguese government :
MORE INFO ON GOLDEN VISA?
Do you want to know how to get a GOLDEN VISA in Portugal?
Leave us your contacts and we will come back to you with a All-In proposal.